[Talk-us] River help?

Coast, Hurricane hurricane.coast at mapquest.com
Wed Oct 6 23:28:02 BST 2010

Katie~
Thanks that’s exactly what I was searching for :)

On 10/6/10 4:08 PM, "Katie Filbert" <filbertk at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Coast, Hurricane <hurricane.coast at mapquest.com> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that Clear Creek isn’t on the map! This is only a small sample of where it is:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.7399&lon=-105.4256&zoom=13&layers=M
Can someone help with the hydro info for this river?

It follows I-70 and highway 40. It’s a pretty major creek, for Colorado anyhow.

Have you looked at the NHD datasets:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/National_Hydrography_Dataset

People can signup to work on basins and sub-basins:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NHD/Basins_West

If I do any, they will be ones on the east coast. Ian's shp-to-osm tool has sample rulesets for NHD data, making it fairly easy to deal with importing NHD data.

-Katie

Thanks!

Hurricane