Al Haraka alharaka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:46:12 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com> wrote:
> * Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> [2010-10-15 14:55 -0500]:
>> Surely we're missing plenty of people by only having a discussion on the
>> mailing list?
>
> I had planned on mentioning this on talk@ and the US forums to try to get
> more people contributing.  I haven't done that yet because I've mostly
> been busy working, and I don't want to seem to spammy.  If you want to
> mention among other places frequented by US mappers, feel free, but I'd
> like to get most contributions coming back to this list.

On a kind of related note, can anyone report how effective the Project
of the Week initiative is?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Project_of_the_week

I can find the wiki page, obviously, but a quick search does not
indicate if anyone in the community has anecdotes or data following
how many users get involved on a project and what is accomplished.  I
ask because it would be cool to know how easy it will be to harness
the real US enthusiasts and see what their dedication is over time.
That way, I guess we could find a base of people in the US to capture
with this project.  If I missed a good page with the data I inquire
about, please accept apologies for my ignorance.

> I'm interested in getting as broad a consensus on this issues as possible,
> so I'd prefer not to have a single person dominating the discussion.

Ditto.