[Talk-us] Project of the Week / Month
richard at weait.com
Fri Oct 15 22:03:59 BST 2010
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Al Haraka <alharaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a kind of related note, can anyone report how effective the Project
> of the Week initiative is?
Funny you should ask.
Trackability isn't the main goal for PotW, but is a point of interest
for Project of the Month. The first PotM is in progress now. We'll
have graphs showing contributions. For example:
The current Project of the Week (Use Potlatch2 and give feedback) has
ancedotal indications of success; The Potlatch2 developers say they
are getting more feedback. \o/ Yay!
I think I'm pretty stern on judging the success of PotW and PotM. For
improvement, I'd like to see more participation on all levels;
- I'd like to see more folks submitting complete projects ready for
- I'd like to see more folks adding PotW/M to their regular editing.
- I'd like to see more discussion and suggestions on the proposals page.
But I know that I can't always have everything that I'd like. ;-)
Things I like about PotW/M:
- I think it is fantastic that some PotW/M get translated into other
- It's great that suggestions from the community lead to Project of the Month.
And it's nice that you are asking. Thanks. :-)
More information about the Talk-us