Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 23:06:13 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I made that one up (CO for County). Yes, CTH probably makes more sense
> but
> > isn't that pretty specific? Do all states use that verbiage?
>
> No, but no prefix is the same in all states (not even I-x; Texas
> officially uses IH x). I don't know of any that use CO for county
> roads.

I don't think we should be storing any prefix as part of the network=* or
ref=* tags (thus my suggestion for network=us_route/state_route/county_route
or similar). For example the "I-x" denotation shouldn't show up anywhere in
our tags. If it's an interstate it should be tagged as such (I suggest
network=interstate but I think there's a precedent on the wiki) and the
renderer can add the "I-" if it wants to.