[Talk-us] Daily OSM Extracts for US

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 16 19:30:23 BST 2010

Dear talk-us,

    I'm now making daily OSM data extracts available for the US Census
Regions (as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Us_regdiv.svg) on
download.geofabrik.de. I will not do a full US or full North America
extract because I think it is too big (anyone who can process that might
as well process the planet file), but I think the Census Regions might
make sense to some.

I'm planning to add individual states later on.

The extracts are in .osm.pbf format exclusively, you will need Osmosis
0.27 or the new pbf2osm (see dev list) to process them. A modified
osm2pgsql able to read these files directly, and more quickly than any
bzipped XML, is on its way.

Bye
Frederik