[Talk-us] Daily OSM Extracts for US

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 16 22:52:48 BST 2010

Hi,

On 10/16/2010 09:27 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
>> The extracts are in .osm.pbf format exclusively, you will need Osmosis 0.27
>> or the new pbf2osm (see dev list) to process them.

I meant 0.37, thanks Ian Dees for pointing that out.

> I see, for example that this one for the NorthEast
> http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/north-america/us-northeast.osm.pbf
> includes CT, MA, ME, NJ, NY, PA, RI and VT
>
> Will you archive these or will only the latest be available?

I'm not currently doing that with any extracts and my resources are
limited. I could probably do a very limited archiving, e.g. retain the
first one of each month or so. But if someone else wants to step in and
pull these files for archiving that'S fine with me, I could even give
them rsync access.

BTW, I realize that there's more to "north-america" than the US Census
Regions, and will add Canada in due course ;)

Bye
Frederik