[Talk-us] Request for community mediation

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 00:54:47 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> On 10/16/2010 06:02 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>> So would you have no objection to my use of bicycle=avoid on roads
>> that have bike lanes?
>
> That would be ambiguous in most cases, and I believe you're being obtuse
> for the sake of being obtuse in this specific instance.

I'm talking about the cases that are as objective as a subjective tag
can be: the lane has identifiable hazards. Often this would be a door
zone, like the one that killed Dana Laird. Or it could be one like I
linked above: http://commuteorlando.com/wordpress/2010/09/23/i-watched-a-guy-get-hit-yesterday/
Or it could simply be a sidepath with right-hook danger at every
driveway.