[Talk-us] Request for community mediation

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Oct 17 00:57:39 BST 2010

Hi,

On 10/17/2010 12:15 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> If we should continue to receive more complaints from or about the
> individuals named in this posting, we will respond by banning both
> accounts until they cool down.

Just to clarify our position in this regard: No matter which of the
parties is "right" or "wrong", someone who puts his vision of correct
tagging over the project's wellbeing by starting or continuing an edit
war can never be "right". And because both parties are equally
responsible for an ongoing edit war, we're inclined to ban them both if
this continues. OSM can live without their contribution, but it cannot
live with ongoing edit wars.

Bye
Frederik