[Talk-us] [Tagging] how to tag US townships?

Peter Budny peterb at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 20 22:22:12 BST 2010

Anthony <osm at inbox.org> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>> At the very least it would be nice to have a table outlining exactly
>> what "municipality" or "minor civil division" means for each state.
>> Is there one somewhere already?  Should I start one?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_States_municipalities

Looks like a good start.  Why don't we work on filling this in and see
where we end up?

It would be nice to have some kind of tree-like layout indicating for
each state which entities are strict subsets of another, which are on
the same level as another, and which have an unclear relationship.
--
Peter Budny  \
Georgia Tech  \