[Talk-us] [Tagging] how to tag US townships?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Oct 20 22:49:41 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Oh, I'm only planning on doing PA, NJ, and FL.  Also maybe NY, as it's
> the other one of the four states I've lived in.

Okay, well, I started New York, and concluded that it doesn't fit into
the design of admin_levels.
---
"[New York City] consists of the entire area of five counties (named
New York, Kings, Queens, Bronx, and Richmond). While these counties
have no county government, boroughs — with boundaries coterminus with
the county boundaries — each have a Borough Board made up of the
Borough President, the borough's district council members, and the
chairpersons of the borough's community boards."  "In New York, a town
is the major division of each county (excluding the five counties that
comprise New York City)."  "Whereas cities and villages can cross
county boundaries, all towns in New York are within a single county."
"Villages are a third layer of government, which are usually overlaid
inside a town, and co-administer with the town, county, and state."
"The village of Pomona...in Rockland County is partly within two
different towns."
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_New_York