[Talk-us] Request for community mediation

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Oct 21 22:54:32 BST 2010

Hi,

Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> This discussion seems to have ended. Is it time to play "spot the
> consensus" yet?

We have discussed the issue and decided that:

1. We would prefer if both parties could behave like grown-ups, amicably
resolve the matter (or at least find a compromise that both can live
with), document their resolution on the list, and proceed to let OSM
flourish. We believe that this is not impossible, indeed it is what most
others in OSM do all the time.

2. In the absence of such amicable resolution, we will ban any party
continuing or provoking an edit war. For the avoidance of doubt, any
edit made by either party to an object previously edited by the other
party is extremely likely to result in a ban.

3. We will not be drawn into further discussion about this. Edit wars
are not an acceptable means of settling a dispute *even* if one is right.

Bye
Frederik