[Talk-us] Possible method for identifying major US cities

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Oct 24 22:27:32 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's been no reply to this. Will anyone object if I change the
> place tags in Florida from the type of incorporation to city if and
> only if it's a "principal city"?

You seem to have a real interest in this. Would you consider making a
test to show the results of your proposed changes first?  A comparison
of

* the wiki / population based place values
* the current incorporation status rendering
* your proposed census-based place values

would be interesting to see.  Though the idea of running those changes
through the real DB leaves me a bit cold.