[Talk-us] Interstate exit junction tagging

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 04:48:04 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Mike N. <niceman at att.net> wrote:
>  Some have commented that placing exit sign information in the name results
> in a cluttered map because the name renders instead of the ref.   I agree
> with this.

I am not opposed to changing however just to be clear, both mapnik and
osmarender do render both name AND ref on motorway_junction nodes. In
fact, mapnik renders ref one zoom level earlier than it renders name.
In the few places out here where things actually do become cluttered
it seems to drop name before it drops ref. For example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.0943&lon=-96.0354&zoom=12&layers=M

Toby