[Talk-us] [Tagging] stop signs

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Oct 26 15:35:13 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But a stop sign isn't a restriction; it has the main effect of slowing
> average speed. If our router is so precise that the seconds added by a
> stop sign count, it can easily calculate the nearest intersection to
> each stop sign node to figure out the likely direction.

+1

Also, the number of seconds to add would vary drastically, sometimes
even within the same intersection.  I'd very much like to add a large
penalty for making a left turn at a particular intersection exiting my
development, but not add much of a penalty for making a left at a
different intersection, or making a right at either of them.