[Talk-us] [Tagging] Super-relations or not (was: Relation member_roles from Osmosis import)

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:36:36 BST 2010

On 28 Oct 2010, at 7:51 , Peter Budny wrote:

> To me, this says we really ought to be using super-relations for route
> relations, rather than a single relation with roles tagged, for 2
> reasons:

yes, absolutely, the relation with role is very limited, one more reason is the checking tools for completeness. there is a relation checker and it will find one single ordered and connected set of ways. easy to verify broken routing. if a relation passes it also means all ways are connected, no duplicates in the route relation …
it's almost a routing graph