[Talk-us] a more compressed OSM?

jeremy jozwik jerjoz.forums at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:24:12 BST 2010

hello fellow mappers! for years i have been using my openmoko for my
gps tracking mapping general screwing around.
recently the device has lost its ability to read from the SD card so i
have been viciously limited in the storage i have available for cached
map tiles. right now i am limited to maybe 150mb, which is tiny for a
big city like los angeles.

anyhow im wondering if there is a more compressed version of OSM tiles
out there already?
i have a local cache on my debian machine that i am attempting to
batch compress, not really working so far.
so i am wondering if there is already a url of these types of map tiles.

thanks!
jeremy