[Talk-us] Troubleshooting rendering problems

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:01:49 BST 2010

It would be nice to have a procedure for finding these problems.  Sometimes
they only show up at low zoom levels due to the scope of the problem.  But
some of what I have seen may be due to other tiles not being updated (next
to the tile with the changed way)

As I understand it some possible problems on area features are:
extra items in the relation
missing items in the relation/way
reversed way (can a relation be reversed as well?)
segments in the relation not actually connecting each other

I have never managed to track down the offending feature so take this with a
grain of salt.

Is there an easy way to view the map tiles, and request one be re-rendered?

Dale

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Leroy E Leonard <leeoncandler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > So how did you figure that out? I (and probably other folks on the list)
> > would like to be able to troubleshoot this kind of problem in the future.
>
> I looked at the way on the border of the solid white and saw what
> relations it belonged to, then looked for stray members.

Dale Puch