[Talk-us] Idea: Breckenridge mapping party post-SOTM?

Nick Whitelegg nick_whitelegg at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 20:33:56 BST 2011

Hi,

First of all I'd like to say I'm from England so not a "local" by any means, so
hope I'm not being presumptuous posting here!

Anyway.... I'm attending SOTM from England in September, and combining it with a
2 week trip to Colorado, aiming to do quite a bit of hiking when not at SOTM. Am
hoping (altitude adjustment permitting) to climb Pikes Peak and do some hiking
in the Summit County area.

I know it's perhaps a bit early, but would anyone be interested in principle in
a mapping party in the Breckenridge area on the weekend of September 17/18 (the
weekend following SOTM?) From what I gather from the web, there are *lots* of
hiking and biking trails in the area, but only a small number are currently in
OSM.

Also, there's a spare bed if anyone is interested: I've booked a room with one
bunk bed (rate is per-room not per-person) at the Fireside Inn in Breckenridge
for 6 nights from Sep 16, so if anyone's interested in this (nearer the time
perhaps?) let me know.

Nick