[Talk-us] confirming public domain data

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:15:11 BST 2011

I think the community has been satisfied if the "copyright holder" of the
data gives explicit permission for the community to use the data in OSM. A
verbal or e-mail message seems to have been OK in the past, but a post
referencing someone in charge at the copyright holder (so 3rd parties can
verify) on the Wiki would be even better.