[Talk-us] US Interstate exit junction exit_to tag

Sat Apr 9 22:00:56 BST 2011

At 2011-04-09 11:02, Paul Johnson wrote:
>On 04/08/2011 11:47 AM, Alan Mintz wrote:
>
>I would omit the hyphen as "CA 247" for consistency sake.

I'm not sure which post this referred to. My understanding of the
discussion on this subject was that people agree that the hyphen is
necessary to join the parts of a highway number together to avoid
ambiguities, and because it normally appears that way in text. However, for
some reason, it was agreed that only in the "ref" tag, the hyphen would be
replaced with a space. Everywhere else, though, it retains the hyphen.