[Talk-us] School bus routes?

Sun Apr 10 18:39:36 BST 2011

At 2011-04-10 09:42, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>I came across a relation for a school bus:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/239393
>Isn't this a little too much detail for OSM?

A single relation? Really? We map lots of private-access things, like
driveways and access roads, private clubs, etc. As far as volume, fighting
with limits caused by import of tens of thousands of individual non-streams
in the desert, landuse shapes that were over-digitized by an order of
magnitude, individual trees, etc. all seem more realistic things to focus
on limiting, no?

Use of OSM by schools is a great use of both their and our resources. The
only note I'd be sending the user is to encourage them to import more of
their bus routes and show others how to do so.