[Talk-us] County road network relations

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:33:06 BST 2011

On 4/10/2011 5:19 PM, Kristian Zoerhoff wrote:
> Point taken. I'm still not clear on the correct syntax for the relation,
> though.

It shouldn't really matter as long as it's consistent, now that the new
Java XAPI can download relations without their elements. For example,
http://jxapi.openstreetmap.org/xapi/api/0.6/relation[network=US:IL] will
give you all the Illinois state route relations. Changing syntax is
simply a matter of selecting all, making the change, and uploading.

Personally I'd use US:IL:Kane or US:IL:CR with is_in:county=Kane, IL (or
should this be just Kane?). Others will probably prefer different values.