[Talk-us] County road network relations

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Mon Apr 11 19:50:45 BST 2011

* Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> [2011-04-11 14:31 -0400]:
> On 4/11/2011 2:26 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> >I've also thought that it would be nice to have a tag like admin_level
> >(perhaps the admin_level tag itself) on relations to indicate which level
> >of government is responsible for maintaining the road.
>
> No good. Many local governments maintain portions of state- and
> nationally-numbered highways (both of which are normally
> state-maintained).

Okay, so maintained was the wrong wording.  The concept I'm try to express
is the general level of the network in question.  The interstates and US
highways are national networks and would be admin_level (or whatever the
tag name) 2.  State networks would be admin_level 4, and so on.

--- --
  "There's no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate."
  "I think I'm gonna barf."
  "Except that."
                       -- Buffy and Willow (Buffy the Vampire Slayer,
                          "Fear, Itself")