[Talk-us] NHD import and conversion - sample data

Ben Supnik bsupnik at xsquawkbox.net
Fri Apr 29 17:26:01 BST 2011

Hi Guys,

On 4/29/11 12:10 PM, Ian Dees wrote:

> I've been meaning to add a "node dedupe" step to the shp-to-osm suite.
> I'd love to see what you had to modify to get it to work. I'd also like
> to add a "way dedupe" at some point, too (to handle abutting areas like
> boundaries).

Well, that code for the CORINE imports is very one-off...I had to make
two mods:

- Changed the tag delimetor from " to '
- Change the 'offset' in the node record for lat/lon from 3/5 to 5/7.

In other words, it's hard code to particular text output, it's not a
general XML parser.

> There is an option (I think it's the "-t" flag?) to shp-to-osm to only
> include OSM primitives that had tags applied.

Oh _that's_ what that does. :-)  Hrm...but I'm not seeing untagged data
in this latest import.  Is there an easy way to find such things in
JOSM?  It looks to me that, because the ComID is imported as a tag,
pretty much everything is going to get a tag, except for ways and nodes
that are sub-parts of relations and ways, respectively.

cheers
ben

--
Scenery Home Page: http://scenery.x-plane.com/