[Talk-us] One click quality printed maps (as an OSM advantage)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 5 19:57:44 GMT 2011

Bryce,

On 12/05/2011 07:16 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> There's something OSM could do well, that Google Maps can't, due to
> licensing restrictions: create good printable maps. Google and Mapquest
> both are pretty bad.
>
> The high volume use cases:

I think there's also fun to be had with low-volume cases. One day I hope
that we (*) strike a deal with one of the larger mail-order poster
shops. It *must* be an interesting business thing for them to set up a
web page where somone can select a region and have a wall-sized poster
shipped to them the next day. Too late for this Christmas but maybe next
;) There should be plenty shops out there that can do the money
transactions, printing, and shipping in their sleep - and we provide
them with the product.

Bye
Frederik

(*) I pursued this as a business idea with we=Geofabrik for a while but
I'm quite happy to see anyone do it even without my help; I am sure it
would be quite a boost for the project.