[Talk-us] One click quality printed maps (as an OSM advantage)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 5 21:59:33 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 12/05/2011 10:44 PM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>> Neither Walking Papers, nor Hikingbook, nor Maposmatic *ever* used tiles
>> from osm.org.
>
> Whatever the ultimate source, both Walking Papers and Maposmatic use
> Mapnik style sheets close enough to the main osm.org style sheets that
> the difference is irrelevant to me (for this purpose at least).

You complained about the *resolution* and at least Maposmatic can
generate pretty much any resolution you want - while still using the
colour scheme etc. of the main style.

And I stand corrected with regard to Walking Papers. It used to be a
black-and-white line drawing (more or less), now it does indeed seem to
be fed off the normal tiles. Sorry for that.

Bye
Frederik