[Talk-us] GNIS points improvement

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 18:35:05 GMT 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> Another thing: I queried for the occurence gnis:feature_id but there
> is also features with other sets of GNIS tags. Are those different
> imports / are they from different datasets?
>
> Example of 'type 1'
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/150937600 (having a
> 'gnis:id')
> Example of 'type 2'
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/356682786 (having a
> 'gnis:feature_id')

Your "type 1" was imported by beej71 before I did an import of "type 2".
There was another GNIS import at some point that brought in some other GNIS
feature types that I didn't do and I seem to remember that there may have
been some sort of change to my GNIS import to change the "hospitals" with
"clinic" or "nursing home" in their names to something more specific than
"hospital". That may account for your large number of v2 elements.