[Talk-us] Medians and reverts

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Dec 22 20:17:38 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 02:07:53PM -0600, David Kovar wrote:

> But in Northern California there is not a median between it and the
> rest of traffic. You are extrapolating from your own experiences for
> an entire, very large, state and it isn't valid.

Let there be no mistake, I'm not referring to locations where the
restricted lane is seperated from the rest of the pavement in the same
direction by a standard lane delineator indicating a lane restriction
is in place as indicated by signage (single solid double-width line).

The discussion at hand are hard medians seperating two roadways
sharing the same physical band of pavement, movement across which is
always prohibited, regardless of restrictions.