[Talk-us] [Imports] US Golf Courses from GNIS

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Dec 23 03:39:39 GMT 2011

Revert is done, see changeset #10184494:

For the two nodes that someone edited I went ahead and made them areas
from Bing and added website and other detail I could glean.

Golf Geek, if you'd like help I'd be happy to split your original file
into state-sized chunks.  I'll volunteer to merge all of Virginia's
golf courses. Also, I'd be interested to know your method for reducing
the ~6000 nodes to ~4000 (i.e. perhaps provide the script you used).

-Josh

>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556638495
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556635779
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556635714
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556624015
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556625367
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556625957
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556631507
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556638863
>>>

>>> Two golf courses in close proximity that are probably the same course,
>>> maybe known by two different names:
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556638410
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1556627728
>>> and