[Talk-us] Medians and reverts

Tue Dec 27 01:58:10 GMT 2011

At 2011-12-21 12:59, Paul Johnson wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:51:37PM -0500, Richard Weait wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> > > I'm looking through a situation that is clearly frustrating data
> > > consumers
> >

> > Are these consumers entering HOV lanes without direction from the nav
> > system then expecting the nav system to tell them how to get out of
> > the HOV lane?
>
>In some cases, yes.  In others, being directed to take ramps only
>available from the HOV lane.

All of which are good reasons to draw HOV lanes as separate ways. I've also
sometimes drawn the HOV parts of onramps separately, since it is the
cleanest way to tag different access restrictions, number of lanes, traffic
control devices, etc.

What is the alternative? Some kind of tagging scheme that refers to
individual lanes within a single way? That's already kind of annoying when
trying to accurately map bike lanes (because they don't exactly follow the
car lanes physically or schematically).