[Talk-us] TriMet will begin OSM improvements in the Portland area
stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 02:28:54 GMT 2011
*TriMet will begin OSM improvements in the Portland area beginning Monday
February 21, 2011*.
Geographic Extent: Multnomah, Clark, Washington, and Clackamas County
Timeframe: 6 months, February 18, 2011 – August 18, 2011
OSM User Names: TriMet_PJH, TriMet_MSB, TriMet_GNH, TriMet_BB
Reference files used to make the improvements:
Metro’s Regional Datasets: streets.shp, trails.shp, bikes.shp (starting
with current versions dated January 2011)
6 inch aerial imagery flown Fall 2010
Improvements using ArcMap's OSM Editor include:
- Street alignments
- Streets with bus routes on them are allowed a 5 foot difference
between OSM and Metro.
- Streets without bus routes are allowed a 10 foot buffer.
- The attributes in Metro's data will be rewritten in a form matching
- Missing sections can then be copied and pasted into OSM's data
- Geometrically incorrect sections
- will be snapped to match Metro's
- We will also be checking directionality
The work from this project will support applications and projects such as
the Open Trip Planner http://opentripplanner.org/ and The Intertwine
For more detailed information or questions, please contact Bibiana McHugh
mchughb at trimet.org or myself (PJ Houser, stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-us