[Talk-us] examples of US County Boundary relations

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Sun Jan 2 17:17:32 GMT 2011

* Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> [2011-01-01 13:15 -0500]:
> can someone point me at examples of well formed County Boundary
> relations in the US?

I'd like to think the boundaries in Maryland are pretty good:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maryland/Administrative_Boundaries

They're all multipolygons and lower-level boundaries share ways with
higher-level ones when they coincide.  I'm still working on getting better
alignment for some of them, although most of the state is aligned either
to aerial photography (when the boundary is a waterway) or USGS topo maps
(the best public domain resource I've found for boundary placement).

--- --
  "You have a face people trust."
  "I'd rather have a face people fear."
  "That too."
                       -- Sheridan and Ivanova (Babylon 5, "Lines of
                          Communication")