[Talk-us] Meeting of Chattanooga TN OSM group July 21 2011

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Wed Jul 13 14:51:06 BST 2011

Really I think this is probably a moot point - since I'm the only one in
the area on Talk-US.....but hey - you never know.

Facebook Announcement: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219131011462405
Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/Openstreetmap/Chattanooga-TN/289571/?a=bn6_l1
(and I'm not sure if I did this right)
First meeting: Mellow Mushroom, Downtown Chattanooga
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.054238&lon=-85.310999&zoom=18&layers=M>
Time: 7:00 PM till you get tired...

Topic: OSM, Beer, Pizza....not necessarily in that order.

We're going to get logins and cover some basic editing...and really the
Why and How of OSM. I expect this first one will just be a meet and
greet and get everyone talking. So far we have people from government,
private industry, non profits, and one guy that just likes maps. I've
had one suggestion for a mapping project - I'm thinking about doing a
project of the month/quarter - the one suggestion has been bicycle
oriented. I think that will be simple enough (HA) for us to get started
with: Bicycle Parking (those of us with more experience will do lanes).

Come one, Come all, Have fun. Enjoy the heat.....

Randy

--
Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc.