[Talk-us] Women trust GPS, drive SUV into Lake

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Jun 17 14:22:39 BST 2011

On 6/17/2011 9:01 AM, Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:
> The*claim*  the GPS directed them into the lake, but I've yet to see any
> indication of what GPS or what maps they had, or why they couldn't be
> bothered to notice the large body of water through the windshield.

The video showed a Hertz neverLost.   Out of curiousity, I checked the
neverlost site and tried to plot trips across the marsh, but it always
directed around.

   Sometimes the GPS position itself loses satellite lock, and the
directions it provides are relative to where it thinks you're located
and not where it actually is.   And as the officer noted, things look
different at night, and the water might not have been visible until too
late to stop.