[Talk-us] Grand Junction + TIGER 2010

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:07:58 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Val Kartchner <val42k at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 10:45 -0400, Mike N wrote:
> > On 6/26/2011 10:01 AM, Nick Hocking wrote:
> > > What would be really usefull is to have OSM in one of the geofabrik
> > > compare windows and TIGER 2010 in the other. Is there an easy way to
> > > achieve this?
> >
> >   Until Ian gets the comparison server up, you can try setting the
> > "Inactive" layer color in JOSM to a bright color.    Download an area of
> > interest.   Open the .OSM file - it will come in as a new layer.   Then
>
> Okay, when is the expected time for Ian to get this up and running?

As I said in my mail, getting a comparison view set up will be my first
order of operation when the new server gets set up some time next week.

> Also, this has probably been stated before, but where do we get these
> sections of data?

You can get county-sized data sets from the TIGER website. I've grouped
together state-sized data into zip files here:
http://cube.telascience.org/osm/tiger2010/