[Talk-us] Relation roles

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Jun 29 20:28:34 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 6/29/2011 2:49 PM, Nathan Mills wrote:
>
>> It also avoids the inevitable "which way is
>> forward and which is backward" question.
>>
> Forward is the direction of the way. If a way carries both directions of
> the route, it gets no role (as with directional roles).

I'm a little slow here; forward means the route follows the direction of the
way (order of nodes), so for dual carriageways if the ways are in:
* opposite directions: they would both have oneway=yes and both use the
forward role?
* same direction: one would have oneway=yes and the forward role, the other
with oneway=-1 and the backward role? I find it a little confusing...

-Josh