[Talk-us] USPS Address Database

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Mar 2 19:23:48 GMT 2011

...and USPS database is probably 5-10 years out of date.

You'd be better off trying to get tax assessor data on a county by
county basis and then create centroids from the parcels. Tax assessors
are pretty good at keeping their records up to date because they have
to have accurate data to tax us.

Licenses are still an issue, it has to be handled county by county.
I am just working on my own county at the moment. I have data for the
entire state of Oregon but don't have clearance to use it outside of
my day job. I find this frustrating.

Brian Wilson
Corvallis Oregon