[Talk-us] all our addresses are belong to you

Flambeaux@gmail.com flambeaux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:55:13 GMT 2011

MapQuest is providing several address files that contain user-provided
latitude and longitude locations across the world. Our users provided
these exact locations to us so that they could be mapped correctly on
our MapQuest maps.

There are currently three (3) main files - one for the United States,
one for Canada and one for Europe.  More information can be found on
our wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapQuest/Critical_Addresses

We didn't want to just import these addresses directly into OSM, but
wanted them to be available to anyone that wanted to have them.  To be
clear:

1. these addresses are user provided
2. there is a high degree of ground-truth from these users
3. they WANTED to be in the data and be correctly mapped
4. we've checked with our lawyers, and yes, you can have them - UNENCUMBERED!

Cheers!

Deb Tankersley
MapQuest Open Initiative
OSM User: hey ok