[Talk-us] Bike / Pedestrian directions on the MQ Open sites

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Mar 6 23:10:27 GMT 2011

On 03/06/2011 03:02 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 3/6/2011 2:30 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> Why is a frontage road tagged as motorway_link?
>>
>> It's a freeway in the local/express arrangement, which is common in the
>> southern plains.
>
> It's a frontage road with driveways and local streets intersecting on
> both sides. Only the slip ramps between the freeway itself (I-44) and
> the frontage roads should be tagged highway=motorway_link in the areas
> with frontage roads.

I'd be more inclined to believe this if you weren't the only one arguing
this and you had some local knowledge, and similar local/express
arrangements are tagged in the same manner in Texas when I was looking
for how to tag that section.  This is compounded by an extended history
of inserting your opinion where your local knowledge isn't, and where
your knowledge of live usage is critically impaired.