[Talk-us] Caltrans exit numbers

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:22:21 GMT 2011

A quick note, do not confuse public records as always meaning public
domain.
Some states may not have laws specifically preventing agencies from claiming
copyright, not apply to all levels of government, or have exceptions to
which works.
IE. I think it was Michigan that specifically copyrights it's gis data.
Some "offical" state clearinghouses may claim copyright on what should be
public domain from the various agencies.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#U.S. is the best
compilation of sources and notes about them I know of for our use.  I would
suggest to update it with any information you come up with.

--
Dale Puch