[Talk-us] border screwup by ToeBee needs reverting

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:37:29 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 3/25/2011 7:49 AM, Ian Dees wrote:
>
>> I would say that a better use of our time would be in creating boundary
>> relations to fix the duplicated county/state boundaries.
>>
>>  I would say it's more important to have the border in the right place (at
> least such that all roads in one state are on the correct side).

I would disagree. No one is going to use OpenStreetMap to solve border
disputes in the US. There are higher quality datasets that come from the
people that make the rules. On the other hand, removing overlapping boundary
ways will clean up the existing OSM data, make it easier to edit and easier
to consume.