[Talk-us] "Screw-up" of borders

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Fri Mar 25 17:53:31 GMT 2011

Nathan,

         I read on the Talk US forum that I have made a mistake on a
state boundary near Four Corners. Specifically, you said I had
"screwed up" the border. It would have been helpful if you had
contacted me directly and worked with me to fix that mistake. I wish
you had given me the courtesy that you apparently gave ToeBee in
trying to work with him to change the mistake.
         To my knowledge, I have made no changes to the state borders
in the Four Corners area, though I have worked on many roads in that
area. What was the date of the change, and how large was the error?
You did not provide specific information in your posting.
         Also, before you post publicly that someone in OSM has
"screwed up," I think that, at the least, you should discuss the
situation with that person off-list. Using terms, such as "screwed
up," is not helpful to our mutual effort of creating an open-source
map of the world. I'm sure we all are trying to do our best and
welcome feedback about mistakes, if it is given in a helpful and
positive manner. I hope you will keep that in mind for the future.

Charlotte Wolter

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
techlady at techlady.com

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that
would affect the first three freedoms.