[Talk-us] Fwd: Re: Long-distance scenic roads

Sat Mar 26 15:26:17 GMT 2011

At 2011-02-24 18:15, Richard Welty wrote:
>On 2/24/11 6:44 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
>>
>>As for tags, shouldn't they be tagged for the actual way, no matter what
>>the route? Then, given that these are historically or scenically
>>important, is there some way to tag them with something like a "historic
>>or scenic route" tag?
>i'd suggest a package of scenic and/or historic tags for route relations.
>that's
>a mechanism we already have support for.

They should apply to individual ways as well, for the simple cases like
CA-243, which is part of the California State Scenic Highway System
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Scenic_Highway_System_(California)) and
has shields for it periodically.

How about just scenic=yes?

The existing historic key could be used as historic=route for the historic
routes.