[Talk-us] Civil War sites

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Mar 28 19:04:00 BST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> On 3/28/11 10:18 AM, Richard Welty wrote:
>>
>> i will look into where this can be hosted, and look into setting up a
>> mailing list
>> for those interested in the project to communicate.
>
> does anyone object to a google groups list named something like
> "osm-layers"?

Yes, but not for the reason you might think. ;-)

Have the conversation here where everybody can participate, or at
least watch in silence.  The risk of prematurely splitting off to
another group is that you'll miss some interested parties.  If the
layer-discussion threatens to overwhelm talk-us@ permanently, then
consider another list.

You might consider moving the topic to either talk@ or dev@ for a
larger audience though.  We're a small fraction of the OSM community
here, and other will certainly have good ideas to contribute.

Best regards,
Richard