[Talk-us] US Interstate exit junction exit_to tag

Mike N niceman at att.net
Mon Mar 28 20:35:48 BST 2011

On 3/28/2011 3:19 PM, Ian Dees wrote:
> In this picture:
> http://www.nomadchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/likelike-highway-honolulu.jpg
>
> <http://www.nomadchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/likelike-highway-honolulu.jpg>What
> is the proposed tag for the highway=motorway_junction node?
> Are we tagging the node with exactly what is on the sign or are we
> looking down the road and coming up with text on our own?

   Where possible, this will duplicate the sign.  The thinking is that
sign contents are carefully chosen for maximum clarity to drivers, and
to distinguish them from nearby exits.  That will not necessarily be the
nearest main road the exit leads to. The Wiki would have the exit node as

ref=20A
name=
exit_to=HI 63 North; Likelike Hwy

   (Exit Only optional also, I suppose)