[Talk-us] sidewalks and trails

PJ Houser stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com
Wed May 4 01:39:36 BST 2011

Sidewalks as separate ways.

I am working on some multi-use paths that travel on sidewalks for some
portions, like the I-205 corridor in Portland, Oregon. Mapping sidewalks as
a separate way is now an approved practice, and I'd like to do this for the
parts of the trail that become a sidewalk for awhile. However, the approved
tagging is highway=footway, footway=sidewalk. The trails I'm working on are
multi-use, thus they should be highway=path, so would I need to add
path=sidewalk to indicate they are a sidewalk?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Sidewalk_as_separate_way
--
PJ Houser
Trimet