[Talk-us] Do we want overlaps to be rendered? Or do we want to wait for relation support that may never come?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat May 7 08:47:11 BST 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded Mapnik and installed it successfully, but now I'm completely
> lost as to what to do to render an area from OSM data using OSM rules.

Well there is this:
http://weait.com/content/build-your-own-openstreetmap-server

Not sure if it needs updating again. It's been a while since I dabbled
with mapnik and I did it on Gentoo, not Ubuntu so things were a little
different and I think I primarily used a gentoo specific page on the
wiki which was horribly out of date. But the basic process should
still be the same. It isn't simple :)

Toby