[Talk-us] Do we want overlaps to be rendered? Or do we want to wait for relation support that may never come?

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Tue May 10 16:33:25 BST 2011

* Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> [2011-05-10 06:08 -0500]:
> you should be able to use the SVG symbolizers (which should allow you to
> specify the contents of an SVG using a DB value rather than having
> separate SVGs for each shield).

I'd read that Mapnik2 could do that, but I haven't seen the documentation
on how to use it in the stylesheets anywhere.  Is it somewhere on the
Mapnik wiki that I missed, or do I need to read through the Mapnik code?

--- --
: I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't cut it.
: Any ideas?  (I take it that it may be a two-pass sort of solution).
In the first pass, install perl. :-)
                       -- Larry Wall