[Talk-us] Ideas for OSMF US Swag

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:00:00 BST 2011

Thea Aldrich wrote:

> Our question to the
> community is: If you like this idea, what types of branded materials would
> you like?

I think it is a great idea and is the sort of thing a local chapter can be
useful for to support the community and help spread the word.

One thing that would imho be useful is to create flyers [1] to hand out to
people who haven't heard about OSM to explain what OSM is about and why
people should care to contribute.

>From what I have gathered, the German flyer [2] has been quite a success
with apparently 40.000 flyers printed and distributed to date. There is now
also an English flyer which the UK chapter distributes for free [3], but it
only extends its offer to UK.

So perhaps OSMF-US could print and distribute a similar flyer in the US,
although it might be good to adapt it to fit the needs of the US better
first.

Kai

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Flyers_and_posters
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.de/aktionen.html