[Talk-us] US highway classification

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Sun May 29 02:59:43 BST 2011

 On Sat, 28 May 2011 21:51:31 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> It's been rebuilt as a good-quality four-lane in Mississippi, eastern
> Alabama, and Georgia. Alabama has been a little slower at four-laning
> than its neighbors, but US 84 in western Alabama is still a direct
> route connecting the four-laned portions.

 More than a little slower. There's perhaps 20 miles of four lane in
 Alabama west of Enterprise. Maybe 30 if they've completed the far
 western section they were working on last time I was through there. As I
 mentioned in another post, it's faster to detour to I-10. And once
 again, the 'direct route' issue is adequately communicated with the
 primary tag.